BigData and Extreme Computing
This joint master’s program at ITMO University and the University of Amsterdam teaches students to derive value from data to influence business decisions and for research purposes using their quantitative and analytical skills.
In the framework of the program, we emphasize technical proficiency and practical experience with machine learning, database processing, data visualization and modeling, data storage, transfer and processing. The world class level and compliance with educational standards of quality assurance is proven by the growing number of the research papers published by our Masters in English in international peer-review journals and presentations of their research results at international "A" class conferences.
Wide choice of courses allows our students to personalize their study track depending on their specializations.
It’s a great opportunity to work hand-in-hand with researchers on the cutting-edge of Big Data and Extreme Computing in the Netherlands and Russia.
Academic Director Denis Nasonov
- Modern Problems of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science
- Academic English
- Modern Information Theory
- Itroduction to visualization
- Internet and Web Technologies
- Methods and models for multivariate data analysis
- Parallel algorithms for the analysis and synthesis of data
- Technologies and Infrastructure for Big Data
- Methods and tools for the analysis and cataloging of scientific sources
- Big Data
- Computational Intelligence
- Distributed systems
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Introduction to eScience and eEngineering
- Multi-agent systems
- Experimental Design and Data Analysis
- Discrete Decision Making
- Evolutionary computing
- Advanced selforganisation
- Numerical Algorithms
- Scientific visualization and virtual reality
- Machine Learning Technologies
- Concurrent and Multithreading Programming