How to Apply
- Master's degree in Computer Science or a similar field
- Knowledge of numerical methods and algorithms, modeling and simulation methods, and programming skills in C ++ / C # / Java
- Ability to apply modern mathematical packages and data processing languages (Python / R / MathCAD / MatLab)
- Proficiency in the English language: IELTS >=7.0 (at least 6.5 on sub-scores) or TOEFL iBT >=100 (see next section for exemptions)
Thank you for considering ITMO University as a possible place of your post-graduate study.
As you probably know, the Ministry of Education and Science of Russian Federation (MoE) provides the opportunity for foreign citizens to receive higher education within the quota. It means that the candidate is enrolled on a budget sponsored place (i.e. free of tuition fee) via portfolio competition (CV, motivation letter, project description) without entrance examinations. Moreover, during the training period a PhD Student receives a scholarship sufficient to cover the cost of the dormitory.
We have just received information from the MoE about the rules of selection of candidates this year. So, if you wish to pass competitive selection and obtain the opportunity to get your PhD in Russia, you have to complete the application form and attach certain documents in the system of Russia.study:
1. Passport copy with officially certified Russian translation of its 1st page. The Passport must be valid 1 year and 7 months (19 months) from the issue date of your student entry visa (but it is highly recommended to renew your passport at least up to 2021).
2. Education certificates copies (a copy of your educational certificates and your academic transcripts, with officially certified Russian translation of both: diploma and transcript). If you haven't finished your master yet, you should upload an academic certificate ('АКАДЕМИЧЕСКАЯ СПРАВКА'), which must be requested at the dean's office ('ДЕКАНАТ').
3. Research paper in Russian or English language (or abstract).
4. List of publications; be sure to specify if the journal where the article was published is included in the HAK (Higher Attestation Committee, Russia), Scopus or Web of Science.
5. Copy of the document which confirms the knowledge of Russian (if you have one).
6. Copy of medical certificate of overall health condition.
7. Copy of a medical certificate on the absence of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and AIDS, issued by an official authority of the country of residence.
8. Copies of additional documents (diplomas or certificates of participation in international and national contests and competitions). In short, all your documented research successes and achievements.
9. Carefully completed application form and (see attached). Before attaching the completed form, please send us a copy, we will check the correctness of filling.
One more request: after you register in http://russia.study/en, please, send us your account number (f.e. RUS 5916/17).
The selection process commences immediately and will be continued until all positions are filled.
Successful candidates should be ready to submit required (translated into Russian and notarized) documents to ITMO University PhD Department