Entry requirements: C/C++ programming skills
Language of the course: English
Students will learn to
- to find out the basic directions of development of high-performance computers and basic classification of multiprocessor computer systems
- to apply the basic techniques and formal model of parallel programming
- to use tools for parallel programming on systems with distributed and shared memory
- to design parallel algorithms for computational problems
- to implement parallel programs for computing systems with distributed and shared memory
- to analyze speedup and efficiency of parallel algorithms
Course Parallel programming is intended introduce students with the basics of high-performance computing. On completion of the course students will be able to apply their knowledge to solve complex computational problems. The course is designed for students who have the C/C++ programming skills and want to improve them.
Lectures and programming tasks.
Attendance is mandatory. Students cannot miss more than one class.
The course consists of 7 main sections. Each of them must be evaluated. For the successful complete the course you must submit all the programming tasks and make a report. The final grade depends on the activity of the student during the course.