Language of the course: Russian
- Introduce the basic concepts of urban informatics
- Study the basic components of urban informatics
- Understand the role of government information infrastructure development
- Become acquainted with real examples in St. Petersburg
- Develop practical skills of working with data about city life
Urban Informatics is about the information technology processes in in the livelihoods of urban society, and the causes of the urban information space concept appearance. The course features an introduction to information technologies in the urban environment and the main component of urban information space. Since city informatization is strongly associated with city management tasks, and because of the the significant role of public authorities in this process, it must be studied interms of information and communication. Examples of the implementation of information technology in St. Petersburg are reinforced by discipline material.
Lectures and labs.
Attendance is mandatory. Students cannot miss more than one class.
Grading: 50% weekly assignments; at least 50% laboratory work performance.