Internet Technologies and Big Data
Entry requirements: basic level of programming
Language of the course: English
- Get an understanding of how the Internet works.
- Learn how to obtain open datasets for your research.
- Find ways to collect specific information from diverse sources.
- Learn techniques for data crawling using data mining.
- Extract information and its features using data processing.
- Understand how to store and work with very big amounts of data.
Nowadays researchers can extract great amounts of data from the Internet, but this data remains useless until we find a way to extract actionable information from it. The course covers the foundation of World Wide Web and the technology behind it as essentials of intelligent data mining. Lectures and workshops about techniques for collecting datasets from open resources and crawling raw sources are essential parts of the education process. Methods and algorithms for processing collected data are also included in the course.
Lectures and workshops
Attendance is mandatory. Students cannot miss more than one class. Grading: 50% weekly assignments, 50% course project.