Biomedical modeling and simulation
Students will learn the peculiarities of mathematical modeling and the construction of computational procedures for some problems of biomedicine; basic concepts and modern principles of working with biomedical information; methods of joint implementation of numerical algorithms of biomedicine tasks in various packages of applied programs, methods of processing and analysis of medical and biological data; principles of computer diagnostics and therapy; basic modern mathematical methods of intelligent processing of biomedical signals and images; to solve typical mathematical problems used in the modeling of biological processes and systems; to use the main classes of models and modeling methods, to apply methods and tools of information technology to solve problems modeling biological processes and systems; to define goals adequately and set tasks for the analysis of medical and biological data using computer technology; to apply methods and means of bioinformational technologies so as to solve problems of intelligent processing of biomedical signals and images.
Students will acquire skills of joint use of software systems for solving the tasks of biomedicine, the skills of applying computer technologies for the processing and analysis of biomedical signals and data; skills in working with digital computing devices, medical equipment and normative medical and technical documentation.
Main topics of the discipline:
- The concept, essence and principles of modeling, types of models and their classification.
- Development of mathematical models.
- Evaluation of the adequacy of mathematical models.
- Simulation models, methods and means of their machine realization.
- Modeling Examples of transient processes in a biological object under the influence of external factors.
- Relationship modeling with related disciplines.