Basics of Art Theory
Entry requirements: Ability to type the text on the keyboard quickly and to use the search engines to access the necessary information. English at the level of reading technical literature with a dictionary.
Students will learn the basic laws and genres of fine art, specifics of the language of fine art, characteristics of the main national art schools, main software and hardware solutions used in solving art problems, to develop the creative concept of an audiovisual and multimedia project, to give a qualified assessment of the creative characteristics of the project, to use advanced software solutions for development of short audiovisual and multimedia projects.
Students will acquire knowledge of art development laws, skills of constructing a composite holistic audiovisual and multimedia works using advanced software solutions.
The main topics of the discipline:
- The problem of representation
- The problem of space
- The problem of time
- The meaning and sense of the visual arts
- The iconic sign and the problem of imitation in the visual arts
- "Aesthetic function" in the visual arts
- Fine art as visual rhetoric
- Fine art and symbolism of the individual unconscious
- Fine art and the collective unconscious
- Fine art and the sacred world. Art and morality
Lectures and training classes.