Technologies of Augmented Reality
Entry requirements: It is necessary to know and be able to use effectively one or more programming languages for writing computer programs. Ability to use the search engines to access the necessary information. English at the level of reading with a dictionary.
Students will learn the principles underlying in technologies of augmented reality, the prospects of such technologies' development, to combine virtual and real image, to carry out tracking in space, to create collaborative environments on the basis of augmented reality.
Students will acquire skills of creating full-fledged applications of augmented reality, skills of designing a complex user interaction and augmented environment.
The main topics of the discipline:
- The history of augmented reality
- Display technologies of augmented reality
- End-to-end video displays and optical displays
- Portable and Projective Devices
- Image Segmentation
- Inertial methods of tracking
- Direct and reverse optical tracking methods
- Non-tracker technologies
- Augmented reality interfaces
- Two-dimensional and three-dimensional interfaces
Lectures and laboratory works.