Predictive modeling in biomedicine
Entry requirements: Basic knowledge of fluid dynamics, numerical calculations and programming.
Language of the course: Russian
Students will get the understanding of biomedical processes and develop their skills in mathematical modeling.
Main topics of the discipline:
- Simulation of soft tissue and blood flow mechanics. Software packages.
- Multi-agent model. Simulation tissue growth.
- Molecular dynamics.
- The flow in porous media, the blood supply to the tissues.
- Non-Newtonian blood model. Tasks of thrombosis.
- The statistical work on the health care facility data analysis.
Lectures and lab sessions
Attendance is mandatory. Students cannot miss more than one class. Final assessment is carried out in the form of examination. The necessary condition to be admitted to the exam is a successful completion of all lab works.